[Runequest] RuneQuest and H.P Lovecraft

Vile Traveller viletraveller at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 15:48:15 AEST 2016

Coincidentally I came across a Sanity-like system in the Blake's 7 RPG -
heavily RQ3 inspired - which I am running at the moment, called Stress. As
you accumulate stress levels, your performance decreases by means of a
blanket penalty to all skill rolls. It is very interesting in play, and
reproduces some of the problems the characters had in the TV series quite
nicely.

It seems to have hit a chord with one of my players, who is also our D&D 5E
referee, because he has now introduced a stress mechanism into his game. I
will wait and see how well it works in a fantasy setting. It should
integrate quite well because his game world is more WHFRP than Forgotten
Realms, so not really a test of how well it meshes with a really gonzo or
high fantasy game.

--
Michael Thomas
DREAMSCAPE DESIGN