[Runequest] Any philosophers in the room?

Lev Lafayette lev at rpgreview.net
Wed Dec 14 12:02:58 AEDT 2016

On Wed, December 14, 2016 1:56 am, Stephen Posey wrote:

> Hmmm, I've a BS in Psychology with a minor in Philosophy, focus on Myth
> and Comparative Religion (is that close enough?).

That's pretty good actually.

> Knowing a bit about Greg's background and Glorantha's history and
> evolution; I can see there's quite a bit that could be said about it from
> any number of "philosophical" angles.

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking as well.

> Do you have something specific in mind? Have you actually read
> either/both of the books in question (I haven't, I think I'll try to
> track them down now though).

I have read them both! Mostly it was "situation x appears in D&D
comparable to real world situation y, apply generic philosophy"

However I find the RuneQuest system and the world of Glorantha provides a
more richer opportunity for series of essays for publication (which is a
side I can handle).

All the best,

--
Lev Lafayette, BA (Hons), GradCertTerAdEd (Murdoch), GradCertPM, MBA (Tech
Mngmnt) (Chifley)