[Runequest] RQ 6 Failed Athletics

Peter Maranci pmaranci at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 09:06:54 EST 2014

I don't play RQ6,but logically I'd say a failed Climb means no progress is
made, and a fumble means a fall. The GM might allow a Luck roll or (if Luck
isn't in the system) a second Climb roll for the climber to try to catch
themselves and take less damage.

For Jump, on the other hand, I'd say a failure would require a Luck or DEX
x 5 roll to avoid a fall. A fumble would mean no chance to avoid the fall
and consequent damage.