[Runequest] Hit locations

Lev Lafayette lev at rpgreview.net
Tue Jun 24 19:06:35 EST 2014

On Mon, June 16, 2014 4:01 am, Peter Maranci wrote:
> This article provides absolutely fascinating data on actual melee injury
> locations from historic and modern sources. I suppose that I shouldn't
> have
> been so surprised that the damaged hit locations changed so drastically
> depending on the gear of the target, but I was.
>
> http://www.tameshigiri.ca/2014/06/12/fact-checking-fight-books-comparing-historic-injury-patterns-to-strikes-in-modern-european-sword-arts/

That's a great link. Excellent research although, alas, no missile weapons.

Also I wonder about variations based on attacker/defender mix (e.g., sword
and shield vs polearm compared to bucker and shield versus axe).

--
Lev Lafayette, BA (Hons), GradCertTerAdEd (Murdoch), GradCertPM, MBA (Tech
Mngmnt) (Chifley)