[Runequest] The RQIII Dodge fix

Styopa styopa1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 15:15:02 EST 2013

Nevertheless, dodge-as-written still remains useful:
1) dodge, and you can dodge ALL attacks from that target.  That can be a
dozen attacks.
2) dodge successfully, and you avoid ALL damage, whether it was a 1-point
whiff or a 45-point chomp from a dragon.
3) dodge avoids follow-on effects of hits that don't even penetrate armor,
like magic-touch attacks or acid.

I agree with you that dodge is LESS routinely useful than armor.
It's why IRL you rarely saw guys doing the Conan "fight in my loincloth"
thing if they had any choice in the matter.