[Runequest] Armor does break...with abandon!

Ravi Desai rdesai at chartermi.net
Mon Oct 7 07:34:16 EST 2013

Wow!  I'd hate to see the list of someone who was an expert!  Seriously, though, you are correct.  And more, my experience is that until you have used your armor a while it is actually a hinderance to many other tasks you might try to do.

Other role playing games have the concept of becoming proficient with your armor.  RQ has never had that, which I can understand from a playability standpoint; one less thing to think about.  But from a realism standpoint, you are missing out on some interesting playability aspects. And if you had armor proficiency bonuses built into the game mechanics, you could take them away for armor that fell into disrepair. It could make for a set of interesting house rules, anyway...