[Runequest] A list of every D100 game?

Peter Maranci pmaranci at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 16:09:47 EST 2013

In that case if I were preparing a RuneQuest family tree (which I'm not, at
the moment, although it's an interesting idea) those versions of D&D might
be connected to the main RQ family by a dotted line...indicating a sort of
bastardry, as it were.  :-)

But the whole thing would be a nightmare to diagram. I certainly don't know
enough about the proper ways to indicate relationships to do it. And
diagramming all the crazy stuff that went on with the rights to the
RuneQuest name, and Glorantha, and the copyright to the texts of the
various versions of the rules, and re-creations of the rules with different
words...it's just too much.

A couple of lists would be nice, though. Particularly one with links to
everyone who is selling or legally distributing systems substantially
related to the original rules.

Which reminds me, did anyone mention Ringworld yet? And there was RQIV:
Adventures In Glorantha. I don't suppose that that rune-based RPG that
Avalon Hill was working on ("Slayers", wasn't it?) would be anything more
than a footnote. By all accounts it wasn't related to D100 at all.

I'm surprised there aren't more foreign-language versions, of RQ, though.