[Runequest] A list of every D100 game?

Mark Ahnen ahnen at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 21 12:39:29 EST 2013

Great summary Stephen!

I can hardly fault you for missing "The Morrow Project" which was clearly a BRP/Runequest knock-off, as you wrote such a great list!

My best,
Mark

Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:51:20 -0500
From: stephenlposey at earthlink.net
To: runequest at rpgreview.net
Subject: Re: [Runequest] A list of every D100 game?

Here's the ones I know about.

If you're limiting it to games that can be purchased "new" (print or download), these are readily available on rpgnow:

Chaosium
Basic Roleplaying
Call of Cthulhu
Cthulhu Dark Ages
Superworld
Nephilim

Mongoose
Legend
Slaine the Roleplaying Game

Design Mechanism
RuneQuest 6

Cakebread & Walton
Renaissance
Clockwork and Chivalry 2nd Edition
Dark Streets

Misc
OpenQuest
GORE

Out of print games inlcude:

Chaosium
Runequest
Runequest II
Stormbringer (1e-4e)
Hawkmoon
Old BRP Rules
Worlds of Wonder
Ringworld
Elfquest
Elric!/Stormbringer 5e

Avalon Hill
Runequest 3

French Language
BaSIC JDR
Nephilim 1e-3e
Hawkmoon Nouvelle Edition

A few others:

The Swedish Drakar och Demoner FRPG was based on Fantasy World from Worlds of Wonder

FGU's Other Suns is famously BRP based. The PSI-World rules are so BRP-like that it might be considered a "clone".

My understanding is that the Kult horror game is somehow BRP derived.

If I think of any others I'll post 'em.

Stephen Posey

stephenlposey at earthlink.net