[Runequest] Quick-and-dirty skill pyramid

Peter Maranci pmaranci at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 07:36:35 EST 2013

That's interesting! I've been playing RPGs for almost as long, and that
method (or some variant using two dice of similar proportions, such as a D4
and D8, or a D10 and D20) was used by every gamer I ever met. I seem to
recall reading it somewhere, but I don't remember where. Maybe it's a
regional gaming custom, extending from the US East Coast at least out to
Pennsylvania.

I don't remember ever seeing ambidexterity represented as being *higher*
Dexterity, though. It was often considered desirable - more so in D&D than
RQ - but actually increasing the characteristic seems...odd.

Peter Maranci - pmaranci at gmail.com