[Runequest] Stupid monsters...

Tony Den postmaster at runequest.za.org
Fri May 17 23:09:48 EST 2013

Phil Hibbs wrote:
> If you lookat the stuff that was in mediaeval and roman bestiaries, things
> that people believed actually existed (e.g. Ant-Lion, the result of the
> mating of an ant and a lion), then nothing in Glorantha is out of the
> ordinary. We in the modern world have a highly developed sense of what is
> rational and possible and what is not, so we just laught at some of the
> ideas that ancient peoples would have taken very seriously.

Good point. Funny enough there is actually a real creature commonly known
as an ant lion or lion amt. Its like a wee insect with some serious
mandibles that digs a conical trap in the sand with such loose sides that
when an ant stumbles in and slips down the loose sand to the apex of the
cone and the ant lion is waiting just under the surface to strike.

Actually writing this gives me some good ideas for next time I GM.

Tony