[Runequest] Flaming attacks

Styopa styopa1 at gmail.com
Thu May 16 22:17:56 EST 2013

One slight point: just to be clear, they don't need to BURN them out.
Smoke - ie burning wet stuff, as long as you can get it burning
*sufficiently* - is plenty good for driving individuals out of such a tower.

For that matter, even *convincing* them that you've successfully built a
fire might be enough to get them to bail out of the tower, depending on the
impetuousness and intelligence of the targets.  I had one illusionist in a
D&D campaign work out with other party members a 'standing scheme' that if
they said a certain word and cast a quick minor illusion of flames on them,
that they'd drop, screaming and thrashing as if they were being burned
alive in agony.  That bluff worked a couple of times to intimidate
dimwitted opponents.