[Runequest] Flaming attacks

Ben Turner ben.turner at pobox.com
Thu May 16 22:10:08 EST 2013

Does appear that lamp oil wasn't the burn-y fluid of death made out of high
fantasy:

http://antiledo.blogspot.com.au/2011/04/lamp-oil-doesnt-burn.html

Whilst fire arrows aren't total myth, I suspect simple cloth and lamp oil
isn't going to create much of a burn:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_thermal_weapons#Flaming_arrows.2C_bolts.2C_spears_and_rockets

Dry thatch - I'd allow it. But trying to burn down swamp castle isn't going
to work, I think.