[Runequest] Flaming attacks

Ben Turner ben.turner at pobox.com
Wed May 15 09:46:02 EST 2013

Excellent question - I guess I'm walking the same line as the RQ rules,
with "generous" real-life simulation - e.g. I'd allow semi-cinematics, but
crazy feats will still need crazy rolls.

So if lamp oil isn't the same flammability as pitch, say, then this would
stop the Molotov idea. Or if flaming arrows are hard to manufacture (esp.
with only padded armor scraps and lamp oil to work with) then this would
hamper the party. Finally, are such jury-rigged flame arrows easy to fire ?
I'd presume not.