[Runequest] Fact check

strobus at sympatico.ca strobus at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 27 08:50:09 EST 2013

Interesting stuff.
Question though - if the surface you jump from is moving at the same rotational speed as the ground, would your landing spot still slide out from under you, relatively speaking? The building you jump from would lend you some lateral momentum, no? But perhaps the top of the building, being closer to the axis, is moving slower than the bottom of the building. But then the air would also be moving, carrying it with you...
This stuff makes my head spin :-)
Makes me wonder how air currents and convection work in the ringworld, though.
Cheers!Chris