[Runequest] Fact check

Sven Lugar vikingjarl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 07:21:28 EST 2013

Out of curiosity I went and researched how many chutes it took to drop a
75mm pack howitzer (commonly used by airborne troops in WW2). The
assembled howitzer has a weight of 650kg/1350lb. according to the
various manuals & the like it requires 9 chutes of which 7 are for the
howitzer itself & 2 are required for a mere 18 rounds of artillery. So
the troll weighing more than the howitzer would be jam on toast. So I
dedicate these links to our feckless troll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1d2a2JyEdw
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_on_the_Risers

Here's the nicest summary:
http://users.skynet.be/101airborne/463pfa/index.html?http://users.skynet.be/101airborne/463pfa/packhowitzer75mm.html