[Runequest] Fact check

Peter Maranci pmaranci at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 04:34:05 EST 2013

Sorry, I should have clarified: the platemail is the *equivalent* of iron,
and he's not exactly a Gloranthan great troll (although the stats are the
same). He's not harmed by it.

A few other points I neglected: the parachute is a human-standard one from
the US in WWII, NOT built to great-troll size (he stole it from a
paratrooper, RIP). He's never parachuted before.

Would the spin of the Ringworld affect the jump?

He's planning to climb back up by rope, but I don't think there are many
ropes which would support the weight of 500 miles of rope - except for
Sinclair molecule chain or the thread that held the sun squares in
position. But he's low-tech, and doesn't have access to either.

Oh, he does have a long-term Skin of Life cast on him, so he wouldn't
asphyxiate during the jump. How long would a 500-mile jump take?

Sorry, I know this question has probably been asked a hundred times before!
:D

Peter Maranci - pmaranci at gmail.com