[Runequest] Magical Home Court Advantage?

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Mon Mar 4 12:20:01 EST 2013

Divine magic already has a magical home ground advantage. Divine magic needs to be regained at a temple. In your home region, your main religions have many big temples and you have easy access to them, and regaining divine magic is pretty easy. If you are on campaign in a foreign country, you probably have to rely on improvised shrines. Even if you worship the same gods, you don't have easy access to temples.

Similarly, animism has a home ground advantage in that animists already know the big spirits of their region, and know where the good places to contact them are. Foreign animists have a lot of learning local secrets to do before they can usually be as effective.

Cheers
	David