[Runequest] [RQIII]Gorgon

Tony Den postmaster at runequest.za.org
Mon Jun 3 18:58:27 EST 2013

Hi all.
This has no doubt been discussed before. Can a gorgons petrification
effect be reversed via dismiss magic (sorcery)? The description of monster
does say stuff like counter magic and shield spells are usless against its
vile gaze, but it doesn't explain what thereafter. Up to the GM for sure I
am thinking.

Some background, I had the lads descend below a temple having been warned
by the demigod whose temple it was there may be a grave price to pay. They
nipped down and I had a gordgon awaiting, like Clash of the Titans. Alas
they weren't forewarned about mirrors and aren't munchkin D&D types who
carry that kind of gear around. Anyhow after some hard fighting and some
decent POW x 5 roles eventually one of the characters critical to the plut
succumbed. I played it a bit saying the affect was slow and he could sense
what was happening etc.

They sent for a sorcerer with a dismiss magic and I gave her one chance,
she failed. The lads eventually reckoned moving the statue to the grove of
trees outside the temple and making it into a wee shrine may be the best
they could do....