David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Thu Jan 31 07:42:27 EST 2013

On 28/01/2013, at 4:38 PM, Lawrence Whitaker <lawrence.whitaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> I love trying new systems. Everything has its merits. Recently I've enjoyed AGON and The One Ring, and hope to shortly join an Ars Magica campaign. RQ/BRP is still my one, true love, but I've had some wonderful gaming sessions with Bushido and Aftermath, the core system of which, whilst overcomplicated in both Aftermath and Daredevils, is actually very elegant and intuitive.

	Over complicated indeed. I remember being absolutely stunned by the huge complex flowchart of how to resolve combat in Aftermath - and then realising that in practice, 95% of the time it came down to 'roll D20 under your skill'. Or the complex formula for turning gun ballistics into game statistics, that almost always became either 1d10 or 1d10+1 damage for pistols.
	Cheers
		David