Gianni gianni at basicrps.com
Tue Jan 29 02:50:35 EST 2013

Hi all,

> Anybody else following this "Old School RPG Renaissance" that's going on
on?

I am.

> RPGNow and DriveThruRPG are chock full of clones of OD&D, AD&D, and several

> other early systems and miscellaneous add-ons, supplements, etc.
>
> It appears that notstalgia for all that is driving some significant segment

> of the RPG community these days.

It's certainly not nostalgia for those broken systems that is driving my
interest. It's just that I'm too busy these days for complex systems, and
that some of those D&D-inspired (but different!) systems are really good for
fast play. Some others are not, and I really am at a loss as to their
success.

Anyway, my favourite old school systems are still RQ2 and T&T :)

G.