[Runequest] SPAM SCORE ****Re: Introduction

David Smart jurrubin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:50:31 EST 2013

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Phil Hendry <philhendry at macace.net> wrote:

> On 27 Jan 2013, at 23:56, Stephen Posey wrote:
>
> > Wow our RPG histories sound remarkably similar: I also started with
> White Box D&D back in '77. Wandered around among AD&D,
>
> Never played AD&D - we did try D&D 3E, but only lasted about six weeks
> before we decided we loathed it.

Small world..I also started with the White Box back in '77.

> > Original Traveller,
>
> Great game.  Loved that one, back in the day - it was probably the second
> RPG I ever played, after D&D.

Same here except I still play whenever possible.

> > EPT
>
> One of the lads owned EPT, but we never got around to playing.

And I still play this as well whenever possible. In fact, my character from
1979 is still running around.

> > , miscellaneous FGU systems
>
> Ah, we spent a fair bit of time as post-grads playing Bushido...  At the
> time we were pretty hard-core - playing either MERP or RQ at least one
> evening a week (two evenings more often than not), and playing Bushido on
> Sunday afternoons/evenings.  I loved Bushido, as did the guy who GMed it -
> we were both quite interested in Japanese culture.  The rest of the group
> enjoyed it, but it wasn't a favourite with them.

Good gosh! Bushido was also my university group's favorite. We ran a couple
of campaigns between homework assignments. ;-)   Never got into MERP but we
were fanatics about RQ.

> > So what part of the globe do you hail from?
>
> I've lived in Lancaster, UK, since 1980, having moved here from Carlisle
> on becoming a student.

North of Dallas, Texas, USA myself. As I said, small world. *grin*

David