[Runequest] Fwd: Introduction

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Sun Jan 27 15:11:40 EST 2013

On 27/01/2013, at 4:26 AM, Styopa <styopa1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi and welcome,
>
> I'd add that RQ6 seems quite easy and open to worldbuilding, with little to connect it (yet) to Glorantha.  The magic systems in particular practically invite you to really think through your particular 'interpretation' of how magic works, far moreso than did any other RQ (altho RQ3 was ostensibly Fantasy Earth, I guess...I never found the Roman Era terribly interesting as an adventuring setting unless you were running a political game).
>
> -Steve

	One of the great things about RQ6 as a generic fantasy system is the magic system is so customisable with a few distinct points for where there are some different rules options that really change the feel of the setting a lot.
	Particularly options for magic such as how magic points are recovered, or who gets access to spells, or the optional variants for spirit combat damage.
	So yes, it forces you to think through magic works for your setting and customise it, but without having to customise any more of the rules than you need.
	Cheers
		David