[Runequest] Reviews from people who've played RQ6?

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Sat Jan 26 20:37:31 EST 2013

On 26/01/2013, at 1:49 PM, Asher Royce Yaffee <ashersensei at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, All,
>    I have a favor to ask.  I would like a review of playing RQ6.  Online, I found many reviews that talk about what is in the book, but few about playing it.  If you have played -- not just read, but actually played -- the RQ6 rules, I would be interested in hearing about your experiences.
>    (In case it matters, my purpose in asking is that I have a trimmed my gaming budget to a minimum, and so am approaching the purchase of RQ6 cautiously.)
>    Many thanks ahead of time.

	My current game is an RQ6 game.
	I'm finding a few frustrations translating the Gloranthan sources (that are all MRQ2 or earlier) to RQ6, and if you are running a specifically Gloranthan game, and want all the support materials that implies, I'd actually recommend you just grab Legends/MRQ2 for the moment. It will hopefully change fairly soon, but it isn't quite there yet.
	If you are running a non-Glorantha game, though - RQ6 is the best version of RQ  I've played, IMO. I've been running it for a while, and combat is both fun and playable, magic is playable and flexible. It is a great game, flexible and fun rules. If you are wavering, grab it.
	Cheers
		David