[Runequest] RQ6 simulationist question

Styopa styopa1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 03:55:15 EST 2013

Would you say RQ3 is more abstract and RQ6 more simulationist, really?  I
guess I'd agree that RQ6 is simulationist AS IS RQ3, but in different ways.
 RQ3 strikes me as anything but abstract/
I'm not sure, we start to reach the gray areas of semantics, I think.

RQ6 far better (to me) addresses the 'other stuff' that happens during
melee, the tactical ebb-and-flow between two fighters, the exploitation of
the opponent's mistakes, etc.  There's a lot more (to me) to keep in mind
as far as buffs/debuffs that happened LAST round that have an effect in
THIS round.
RQ3 OTOH is simpler, more mechanistic, each round of melee combat is far
more discrete with little happening in this round that affects future
rounds.