[Runequest] RQ6 simulationist question

Pete Nash the.iqari at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 09:43:05 EST 2013

> The RQ6 combat rules are written by a highly experienced swordsman and
> reflect real-life situations. I'm sure Pete will add more!

Yes the rules do try to reflect a 'truer' simulation of fighting, but they
are still an abstract model.  The RQ6 rules allow you to do all the other
things that practitioners of historical martial arts can perform, but
without the penalty normally associated with such things, meaning they
occur regularly and smoothly into each fight.