[Runequest] RQ6 kid-friendliness question

Lawrence Whitaker lawrence.whitaker at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 08:55:59 EST 2013

Its about the same.

You can introduce it piece by piece, bringing in Folk Magic before
venturing into the more complex magical areas. Combat Special Effects will
help them learn to make sensible tactical decisions without having to hack
away until all the hit points are gone.

On 18 January 2013 16:42, Asher Royce Yaffee <ashersensei at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, All,
>    I have been slowly teaching my three kids the rules for Avalon Hill
> RQ3.  I found that I could easily teach the rules piecemeal, instead of as
> one big lesson.  The boys LOVED impaling attacks and hit locations, of
> course.  :-)
>    Anyways, my point is that the way the game was written made it
> teachable in pieces to kids.
>    With RQ6, is it the same?  Or would it be better to wait until they've
> mastered RQ3 and then make a transition?
>    Thanks ahead of time for any and all opinions.
>
> Asher

Will there be time enough and World for me to sing that song?