[Runequest] What I did with little thought to the future.

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Sat Feb 9 21:59:41 EST 2013

Apart from the issue Gary mentioned, that sorcery starts weak, and takes a long time to improve to a powerful level, which is intrinsic to RQ3 sorcery...
...no, I don't think your suggested change will make that big a difference. MRQ2/RQ6 etc now have one single skill allowing a wide range of different spells, so sorcery can obviously have a LOT more flexibility added to it before it starts to become unbalanced. And sorcery will still be slow, Divine magic will always be the alternative for ripping out a fast powerful spell in a hurry. And shamanism will always allow attack on the spirit plane, and for that reason be able to do things the other two cannot.
Your sorcery rule will, I suspect, be just fine.

Cheers
	David