[Runequest] Japanese edition of RuneQuest....

Alban de ROSTOLAN aluban at yahoo.fr
Fri Aug 30 21:33:16 EST 2013

I did some reasearch on this book and found this :

http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/ndaily/1994.06/4290.html

- A4 160p Basepak + A4 140p Suppliment(Extra background and rules).
  Each includes ready-to-run scenario.
- Needs only D6s.

	* Nice Illustrations. Japanimation touch :-).
	* Rich Background information about Dragon Pass. Brief history of Glorantha and Dragon Pass. Detailed history of Sartar and Lunar. Myth, maps, runes, clans, magic items, etc...
	* Rich cult information. For Player characters ... Orlanth, Humakt, Storm Bull, Charana Arroy, Issaries, Lhanker Mhy, Yelmalio, Ernalda, Odayra, Babeester Gor, Lanbril, Eurmal, Dnandar. For NPCs or Enemies ... Kygor Litor, Zorak Zoran, Mostal, Aldrya, 7 Mothers, Etiryes, Krasht, Malia, Bagog, Thed, Thanatar, Vivamort, Bloody Tusk.
	* Simplified Character Generation (Cult-based template method).
	* Only two Skill Categories. Mental skills and Physical skills. Mental skill mod is INT score. Physical skill mod is DEX score.
	* No ENC. No Fatigue. No Hit Location. No Strike Rank but DEX-Rank.
	* No Resistance Roll but Characteristic Roll does.
	* No Special Hit. Only Critical on 1/10 of success chance.
	* RQ2-like Impale/Slash/Crush rules.
	* No enchant. No ritual magic. No shaman. No sorcery.
	* No starndard Rune Magics. 3 to 5 Rune Magics for every cult. Ex. Orlanth: <Thundar Bolts> <Shield> <Flight> <Lightening Bolts>
I don't really understand how the "needs only D6" and "Only Critical on 1/10 of success chance" can match together, so I guess the author of this description meant "needs only D6s and d100 for task resolution"...