[Runequest] Status of RQ and Glorantha

Tony Den postmaster at runequest.za.org
Wed Apr 24 01:37:56 EST 2013

Thanks for the feedback so far. Based on what I have I am thinking article
in 4 sections.
1. RQ Cannon, its history etc
2. RQ Concept - where it comes from and certain key elements.
3. Following on from concept, its differences to D&D/D20. This may be hard
as one doesn't need/want to bash other systems, merely point out certain
philosophical differences. Why D&D - its prob the best known system to
compare against and is like the epicentre of what the article that
inspired this idea's "alpha wave". Yes there are others just as venerable
but for the basic punter Empire of Petal Throne etc may be a bit esoteric.
4.The most fun IMO - a diagram detailing core RQ timeline, divergences and
convergences with Glorantha etc as well as what othger systems it may have
strongly influenced along the way. From Element Masters (only know of it
from a Dragon mag write up) to Harnmaster, Mythworld etc.

How's that for a start, hopefully not too much to take on
Tony