[Runequest] Status of RQ and Glorantha

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Thu Apr 18 18:34:33 EST 2013

For history, it is also worth looking at Shannon Apelclines series of history of the RPG industry articles on rpgnet, all under the title "A Brief History of Game:..". His history is organised mostly via company rather than game system, so there isn't a history of RuneQuest specifically, but if you are interested in the history of RuneQuest you would probably find particularly useful:
http://www.rpg.net/columns/briefhistory/briefhistory3.phtml Part #3, the history of Chaosium 1975-present (where 'present' means 2006, the year of publication)
and
http://www.rpg.net/columns/briefhistory/briefhistory7.phtml Part #7, Interlude: The Chaosium Connections - showing all the various licensses etc including an excellent chart.
and if you are interested in Glorantha in general as well as RQ (the two being obviously somewhat interrelated)
http://www.rpg.net/columns/briefhistory/briefhistory4.phtml Part #4 Issaries Inc. 1998-2006

Shannon has written for RuneQuest, and worked for Chaosium, at various times, and is a long term member of Glorantha fandom etc so he knows his history pretty well, plus he got some input from Greg Stafford etc.

Cheers
	David