[Runequest] Status of RQ and Glorantha

Lawrence Whitaker lawrence.whitaker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 21:18:02 EST 2013

Hi Tony,

Yes, RQ is now at The Design Mechanism. We have our first supplement
already released - 'Book of Quests' is a scenario collection available
immediately in PDF and will be on sale in print copy in about 10 days.
We're following this up with 'Monster Island', a sandbox setting, in June,
and later this year should also see 'Mythic Greece', 'Mythic Briton' and
'Shores of Korantia' released, so we have a lot in the pipeline.

I think a history of RQ article would be great. I can definitely help-out
on some of that, especially the Mongoose years, as I was the line developer
during most of that time.

Lawrence

On 17 April 2013 04:05, Steve Perrin <steve.perrin at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is in fact a monumental guide to Glorantha just being completed by
> Rick Meintz with cooperation from Greg and others. It was a Kickstarter
> project and also includes maps and several stretch goals I did not invest
> in. Should be out in a couple of months, if I remember the last update
> correctly.
>
> Steve Perrin
>

> On 4/16/2013 10:40 PM, Tony Den wrote:
>
>> Just wondering. What's current status of RQ and Glorantha. RQ is now at
>> The Design Mechanism who to my knowlege have only the main rulebook for
>> sale so far. Apparently its compatible with MRQII. Glorantha now at Moon
>> Designs.
>>
>> But there has been so much new material over the past few years its
>> getting a bit confusing to know what's out there. I wonder if there is
>> perhaps a new Meints Guide to Glorantha in the offing?
>>
>> On the RQ side I was considering writing a short history RQ Then and Now
>> type article for the new Gygax magazine. Issue #1 seemed to be on a bit of
>> a nostalga trip so maybe the wave should be ridden a bit. That said it
>> would be great to have my facts right. We "all" know the history or if not
>> can obtain it from various sites (like Petes RQ) but the latest stuff
>> which is the most relevant perhaps to newcomers is a little shakey
>> sometimes. Per example MRQI - I am still not 100% on the full list of
>> official cannon stuff, let alone second tier publishers like Scepatune
>> (SP) games.

Will there be time enough and World for me to sing that song?