[Runequest] Losing my edge.

Asher Royce Yaffee ashersensei at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 09:33:54 EST 2013

Hi, All,
   I was wondering about bladed weapons and usage and sharpness.  If a
blade gets used regularly, how often should one sharpen it?
   I guess another way to put it is...
A)  Before modern steel, how often would most civilians normally sharpen
their blades?
B)  To maintain full weapon damage, how often should a fighting adventurer
sharpen his or her blades?  (Assume that every gaming session has a fight.)
C)  Beyond simply hours of usage, what other factors make a difference?
 For example, if Sir Gawain fights armored foes while brave Sir Robin
fights unarmored foes, will Sir Robin's sword keep its edge noticeably
longer?
D)  I guess this leads to other maintenance questions.  Anything come to
mind as worth pointing out?  Maybe oiling the blade?

   Any and all answers are warmly welcome.
   Sincerely,
Asher