[Runequest] Flexible and hard armor together.

lev at rpgreview.net lev at rpgreview.net
Wed Apr 10 07:31:41 EST 2013

>    The RQ3 rule that allows flexible armor under rigid armor.  It makes
> obvious sense for cases of cloth or leather under plate.  But was it
> intended to include chain mail under plate mail?
>    If so, then that's a lot of armor points.  So, I wanted to ask if the
> game designers originally intended rich characters to have 15 armor points
> (in addition to any magical protection).

It might be a lot of armour points, but at quite a cost. The RQ3 official
errata (more of an expansion in this case) says that the interior soft
armour adds its normal AP at twice the normal ENC cost. Which is *quite*
heavy if you're using plate over chain.

It's not quite the way I would have done it, but that's RAW.

Hope this helps, Lev