[Runequest] Flexible and hard armor together.

Asher Royce Yaffee ashersensei at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 15:01:17 EST 2013

Hi, All,
   Cheapskate that I am (and given pay cuts and how much more my kids eat
every passing year....), I still haven't bought RQ6 yet -- though I want
to.  In the meantime, my beat up old RQ3 books still soldier on.  Hopefully
the books'll survive one more summer of gaming with my kids.  :-)
   Wait!  There's a point to this email.
   The RQ3 rule that allows flexible armor under rigid armor.  It makes
obvious sense for cases of cloth or leather under plate.  But was it
intended to include chain mail under plate mail?
   If so, then that's a lot of armor points.  So, I wanted to ask if the
game designers originally intended rich characters to have 15 armor points
(in addition to any magical protection).
   Also, I am very interested in the opinions of people who have fought in
armor.  What do you think makes the most sense?
   Wisdom and experience and guidance are warmly welcome.

   Sincerely,
Asher