[Runequest] Fact check

Sven Lugar vikingjarl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 12:02:17 EST 2013

Ringworld is based on Larry Niven's book of the same name. I came to
know him fairly well back in the days when we both going to Cons & to
English Regency Dancing events. He always struck me as very stringent in
using his science in books. I remember an occasion of him discussing the
physics of it & also mentioning that it was based on the work of Dyson
(of the "Dyson Sphere concept"). So I suspect that he is probably
correct in his assumptions to make the concept work. Perhaps someone who
is more versed in these things can shed some light on this.

Sven