[Runequest] RQ3 - Centaur armor

Alban de ROSTOLAN aluban at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 14 23:40:39 EST 2012

So, SIZ range for Centaurs is exactly twice as big as human range.
A simple rule of thumb would be to use half the Centaur SIZ.

The problem here is that 4D6 distribution is very different from 2D6...
A simple solution that takes this problem into account is to do 2 separate rolls when creating an centaur (or any other hybrid creature, assuming the human part has human proportions...) :

-2D6+6 to get "equivalent human SIZ", which is the SIZ the creature would have if it had legs (or human torso).
-2D6+6 to add a "Centaur template" to the creature.

For instance, if I roll 15 and 11, my total SIZ will be 26, but my torso will look like the one of a SIZ 15 man.