[Runequest] RQ3 - Centaur armor

Marko Perälä perala at student.uef.fi
Fri Sep 14 18:56:41 EST 2012

RQ3 question: A centaur wears a human armor on his human parts. What sized armor can he wear?

I mean, a centaur is a lot larger than a human, SIZ usually in the 30s. So if his armor used full SIZ to determine, what sized armor he could wear, all human sized armor would never fit him - not even on his human half. Even further, if full SIZ was used for all his armor, the weight of such massive suit would be excuciating, since centaur's STR and CON are a lot less than his SIZ. I figure that centaur's SIZ should be approximately halved in regards to what sized armor fits on human parts (allowing human armor to be used) and then use full SIZ to determine the cost of barding over horse parts, but that's just an impression. Is there any official word (or something passing as such) on this?

Marko Perälä