[Runequest] Literate Neolithics?

Tony Den postmaster at runequest.za.org
Sun Sep 9 18:50:18 EST 2012

lev at rpgreview.net wrote:

> We don't have any evidence that Australia was settled by paleolithic
> oceanic craft. Certainly the bark canoes (or more probably, driftwood)
> could have made coastal journeys at best, island hopping across the
> Indonesian archipelago, making it to the ice-age land bridge that existed
> between Australia and New Guinea. It wasn't until the seventeenth century
> CE, by best estimations, that the powerful dugout canoes were in use.

There was a national geographic article about this. A land bridge to
australia due to low ocean levels from ice age. Also explains the
different evolution of Australia insofar a deep sea trench stopped
africanised type colonisation. (Elephants etc). Cant remember much of
article, but for sure made good reading at the time.
Tony