[Runequest] RQ3 - protecting another character from attacks

Mark Ahnen ahnen at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 6 09:40:08 EST 2012

Initial answer, yes. Specific situation...it depends.  A flying shield would not necessarily block the entire force of a given blow.  Physics is physics...inertia is inertia.  Just b/c it interceded does not mean that the shield would not be knocked back into the caster causing some to full damage.  That is an interesting concept, but expecting it to work 100% of the time or part of the time with 100% protection...I don't think so.   If a human interceded to take the blow, he/she is big, has a SIZ value, and as a hero might stop the occasional blow.  A shield has a very small siz and may end up hitting others as physics dictates. Just my opinion. My best,Mark