[Runequest] Drastically simplifying RuneQuest

Kantor Rythmeiger kantor_rythmeiger at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 04:53:28 EST 2012

I don't have a problem with simplifying RQ, but I think that the change
to making the GM run everything is both a problem for the player and the GM.
Players like the process of creating, running and tweaking their
characters. Relieving them of this relieves them of what is a lot of
fun. It also gives them something to do when the spotlight of game moves
away from them. For some players, this is the fun, now we might not call
them roleplayers, but they are as entitled to their fun as anyone.
GMs need to focus on story, plot, player management, talking in silly
voices. I think we need to reduce the *workload* on the GM. So I
actually think that delegating game system stuff to the players makes
sense, I think the GM not rolling dice makes sense.

So feel free but for me this idea moves in the wrong direction.