[Runequest] Alternatives to POW sacrifice for magic item creation

lev at rpgreview.net lev at rpgreview.net
Fri Oct 12 12:48:37 EST 2012

> Maybe it's not politically correct, but I think human sacrifices (babies
> and
> virgins being worth 'more') would be a more "logical" source of power for
> sorcery. Look at all the stories about sorcerers in RW lore or in S&S
> fiction. The supplement _Carcosa_ for LotFP is a good source for this kind
> of
> magic.

My other favourite FRPG from the early eighties, Swordbearer, has "humour"
nodes in all living species. You can embed them in items following
sacrifice.

There was an enticing hint in Wyrms Footnotes once that suggested
including appropriate spells attached to various animals (e.g., a rabbit
with Mobility).

I'm sure something quite evocative could be drawn from those two elements...

All the best, Lev