[Runequest] Alternatives to POW sacrifice for magic item creation

Gianni gianni at basicrps.com
Fri Oct 12 07:27:17 EST 2012

Hey

----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Maranci <pmaranci at gmail.com>
To: RuneQuest Rules <runequest at rpgreview.net>
Sent: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 10:56:39 -0400
Subject: [Runequest] Alternatives to POW sacrifice for magic item creation

> Actually, that reminds me of another point I've been pondering lately: the
> use of alternate power sources for enchantments.

<snip>

> What do you think, sirs?

Maybe it's not politically correct, but I think human sacrifices (babies and
virgins being worth 'more') would be a more "logical" source of power for
sorcery. Look at all the stories about sorcerers in RW lore or in S&S
fiction. The supplement _Carcosa_ for LotFP is a good source for this kind of
magic.

G.