[Runequest] Familiars

CLIVE WICKENS clive.wickens at btopenworld.com
Fri Oct 12 04:35:49 EST 2012

I must admit I was never comfortable with the idea of sentient creatures being made into familiars. Not sure why entirely I but I felt that making a creature ' whole '  in stats terms didn't automatically mean you could command it. Any sentient ie free willed creature would surely need some kind of Dominate spell cast on it permanently. Now, Fixed INT creatures I didn't have a problem with, and I could even go with the idea of a creature that you had ' uplifted' from Fixed to Free INT being at your beck and call. But a previously Free INT creature....it just didn't feel right.