[Runequest] Non-human undead (ghouls, zombies, mummies)

Stephen Posey stephenlposey at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 12 00:20:01 EST 2012

-----Original Message-----

I'm with you on the nature of Ghouls as not being "undead" in the traditional sense; but if humans (or other humanoids or even animals) can become "ghoulified" (which I believe IS part of the legend? or is, at least, is common enough in inspirational writings such as Lovecraft or McNaughton), then the problem remains: How do you adjust the base stats of the affected creature if it's not an ordinary human?

RQ/BRP could definitely use the idea of creature "templates" for cases like these (like Marko, IMO this is one of the few areas D&D3.x/D20 actually got right).

Stephen Posey
stephenlposey at earthlink.net