[Runequest] RQ restore (characteristic)-spell

Gary Sturgess gazza666 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:26:35 EST 2012

On 4 October 2012 13:22, Marko Perälä <perala at student.uef.fi> wrote:
> RQ3 question: How do you restore characteristics points lost to some other cause than Disease or Tap-spell?
>
> According to Deluxe Magic book Restore-spell returns only points lost by those two ways, but there are other ways not covered by it, e.g. Wraith's characteristics drain, Lamia's characteristics drain (same thing with succubus) and points sacrificed to create a sorcerous familiar. Is there any way to restore these points besides Training them (good luck with INT draining wraith BTW)?

I would allow the Restore spells to deal with characteristic drain by
monsters, but not for points sacrificed to create a familiar. (Which
is why I don't recommend making familiars that lack characteristics
that aren't trainable). On the other hand I've never really been happy
with the way that sorcerers have to sacrifice anything other than POW
to create familiars.
--
GAZZA