[Runequest] Traveling Nutrition

Tony Den postmaster at runequest.za.org
Thu May 10 16:05:50 EST 2012

Steve Davies wrote:
> According to Stephen Ambrose, in writing about the Lewis & Clark
> expedition in _Undaunted Courage_, "Moving the keelboat and pirogues
{Snip}

My campaign is pretty military orientated. One portion was to have the
maniple dropped off during autumn and have to march a huge distance.
Foraging became the order of the day and characters (and NPC's) soon got
desperate enough to start looting towns on any pretext that said town was
batting for the other side (civil war background).

But I suppose the best kind of reference will be Caesars Gallic War books.
I think if you delete the phrase "Secured our corn" the books would shrink
to half their size.
Tony