[Runequest] RQ3 and gladiator games

royce at efn.org royce at efn.org
Mon Jun 25 01:31:53 EST 2012

Hi, All,
   I have a question, but first some background:
   Kids, Roman history, and RQ3 come together in my house as I teach RQ3
rules to my kids by having them take gladiator characters against each
other in the arena.  We'd been playing some D&D, but I'm trying to
teach my kids RQ3 without costing them characters they care about.
   There was some talk about how the rules would apply to gladiators with
nets.  I treated the net as an attack or parry (as the situation
arises) to entangle the opponent's weapon.  Does this sound reasonable?
 Or, do you have a better suggestion?
   Sincerely,
Asher Royce