David Smart jurrubin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 05:22:23 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Brain Libbz <ogreloot69 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I once watched a TV show about a USMC training program, in which they
> hiked up a snow covered mountain, they were only allowed a single rabbit to
> eat. I  will assume if a 200 pound Marine can live off a rabbit for 3 days,
> that a deer will last longer than a few days....

I saw the same show. There's a big difference between living off of a
single rabbit for 3 days during a wilderness survival training class and
being highly effective in melee combat while wearing RQ-style body armor
during those three days. The overall strength and endurance of some of
those Marines were severely degraded near the end of the training rotation.