[Runequest] RQ6

lev at rpgreview.net lev at rpgreview.net
Wed Dec 5 22:00:15 EST 2012

> So...Runequest 6?
> Opinions?

I quite like it but....

> I haven't got it yet (expect it for Xmas) but so far what I've seen is
> quite positive.
>
> Here's my motivation - I've loved RQ3 for a long time.  Possibly some of
> the best times of my life have been late evenings DM'ing RQ with my sons
> and their friends.

... I'd probably stick with RQ3. There are some good tactical combat
choices in MRQ2/Legend and RQ6, but in terms of packing an a massive
amount of material into a more minimal page count, I'd still go for RQ3.

> The problem is that my RQ3 isn't just 3.1 or 3.2, it's really more like
> "RQ3-point-Mine".

I know what you mean. It's part of the great flexibility of RQ, I think -
that you can tinker substantially with the rules without breaking the
system.

All the best, Lev