[Runequest] RQ6

Ravi Desai rdesai at chartermi.net
Tue Dec 4 10:57:19 EST 2012

That's funny, I've hard the same experience with the red hardcover RQ2.  Virtually indestructible! You must be really nice to your rules books, my RQ3 is nearly disintegrated now.

That said, I like what they've done in RQ6, but find that I still inject some of my own rules, and I still more or less avoid sorcery, which just doesn't quite work for me.  I play tested a bit recently, and the group had a lot of fun with some of the new concepts.

The new rules set got me noodling over what actually got me started into Runequest in the first place. I still really like RQ2 in some ways, so over this holiday, I'm going to start up a retro campaign using RQ2 basic rules, broken swords and all, just to see when I'm done, what I would change about it, if it were up to me; which, of course, it isn't.  :-)

Ravi

Sent from my iPad